Friday, May 10, 2013

It Is FINISHED!!

 
 My Sweet, Sweet Myla,
When our adoption was finalized on Wednesday, my heart rejoiced!  So many thoughts poured through my veins.  I couldn’t believe that exactly one year and one week after our home study was completed our adoption was final…finished…over.  We had nothing left to do but proclaim to the world that you- our amazing little bundle of joy is ours forever! The whole day the phrase, “It is finished"  rang through my mind.
 
Myla, you are our joy.  Daddy and I cherish you each and every day.  I can honestly say that I forget that you didn’t come from my womb.  I have learned so much from you, sweet girl!  You have taught me that love goes so much deeper than blood.  I have learned that the months I carried you in my heart are just as bonding to a mother’s heart as carrying a babe in the womb. 
 
MyMy Girl, I have to be honest with you.  I trusted God to start the adoption process; however, not long after I allowed the voice of man to push fear into my heart and mind.  Many said we would never be chosen due to the fact that we already had 6 children.  It was also a common occurrence to have eyes bug out when we told people we needed $30,000. 
FEAR!  FEAR!  FEAR!!
 
There were days that I allowed dark clouds to hover over me.  I should have just called on the Father more instead of listening to man.  He had a plan!  Why did I doubt?  He knew you were ours!  Why didn’t I just trust more, pray more, and hope more?  But through it all, you have made me a better person.  I needed to go through those days of fear so I could be more like Christ.  I had to face the days of doubt so I could be the momma you deserve! 
 
You melt my heart!  I know that you feel the abundance of love this family has for you!  I can see it in your actions.  I can feel it by the way there are just times you want Momma more than anyone else!  I love those moments.J

Well, pretty little one, it is finished!  The adoption process is anyway, but for us it is just the beginning.  I love you from head to toe and can’t wait to see what the Lord has for us!

 
 
No one loves you as I

Momma

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! I am so excited for you! I am sure that your house has been full of rejoicing lately.

    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are rejoicing! He is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing and testimony :)

    ReplyDelete